Jobs and wages
We can make the boldest investment in good-paying jobs since World War II.
The measure of our success will be how much incomes rise for hardworking families. How many children are lifted out of poverty. How many Americans can find good jobs that support a middle-class life—and not only that, jobs that provide a sense of dignity and pride. That’s what it means to have an economy that works for everyone, not just those at the top. That’s the mission, and I’m asking all of you to join me in it.Hillary, June 22, 2016
From the interstate highway system to the Apollo program, our country has a strong tradition of bipartisan investments in our future. Hillary Clinton will break through the gridlock in Washington to make these investments possible again—with a plan she will work to pass in her first 100 days in office.
Hillary will make it a central priority to make sure every American can find a good-paying job, with rising incomes across the board. In order to create jobs today and help businesses create them in the future, she’ll make the largest investment in good-paying jobs since World War II.
As president, Hillary will:
- Launch our country’s boldest investments in infrastructure since the construction of our interstate highway system in the 1950s.
- Advance our commitment to research and technology in order to create the industries and jobs of the future.
- Establish the U.S. as the clean energy superpower of the world—with half a billion solar panels installed by the end of her first term and enough clean, renewable energy to power every home in America within 10 years of her taking office.
- Strengthen American manufacturing with a $10 billion “Make it in America” plan.
- Cut red tape, provide tax relief and expand access to capital so small businesses can grow, hire, and thrive.
- Ensure that the jobs of the future in caregiving and services are good-paying jobs, recognizing their fundamental contributions to families and to America.
- Pursue smarter, fairer, tougher trade policies that put U.S. job creation first and get tough on nations like China that seek to prosper at the expense of our workers. This includes opposing trade deals like the Trans-Pacific Partnership that do not meet a high bar of creating good-paying jobs and raising pay.
- Commit to a full-employment, full-potential economy and break down barriers so that growth, jobs, and prosperity are shared in every community in America.
Read the fact sheet
- Medium: We can’t let Donald Trump bankrupt America like one of his failed casinos
- The Feed: 5 important steps Hillary Clinton will take to reduce inequality and grow our economy
- The Feed: The middle class needs a raise. Here’s how Hillary Clinton plans to do it.